A long time growing

Well, since my last update, I've sprouted two children, and my gardening efforts were greatly curtailed... the same must be said of my blogging efforts! But today my almost-six-month-old sat blithely in her stroller while my almost-three-year-old helped me plant a raised bed of potatoes and onions. This particular plot has always been a disaster, but I'm crossing my fingers really hard this time. Last year all it yielded was a handful of pea pods, and prior to that, a few beans. This time around I gave up on the traditional North American three sisters, and returned to my Eastern European roots.

There is still one antagonist in the mix, this time: a raspberry that didn't die over winter. Potatoes + raspberries = no-no, but I was impulsive and didn't thoroughly research the companions before running outside. So now, I'll just wait and see...

No comments: